Winter’s Remedy: Ways to Keep Skin Hydrated this Season
Winter calls for layering from cozy sweaters to fuzzy socks and the same can be said for our skin. When it comes to this chilly season, depending on where you are, you’re battling cold, rainy, or dry conditions – and all of those things can wreak havoc on the skin. So let’s avoid the winter blues and the role it plays with our skin by layering skin with hydrating products with creamy, moisturizing, and soothing ingredients. Think of it this way, when seasons change, so does our wardrobe, so it's important to update your skin and body care wardrobe as well. Plus isn’t it fun to try out new products? (All our skincare junkies know what’s up!) Now while we love a good glow, we have to point out that keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized helps with minimizing wrinkles and fine lines, as well as texture issues. This winter we’re going from acne-causing conditions, dull complexions, and thirsty skin, to soft, dewy, and more importantly healthy skin. So no, this winter won’t stop the glow-up with these Nola recommendations for both skin and body because we’re all about keeping your skin dewy and hydrated from cheek to cheeks!
We can’t stress enough how important it is to have a Summer and Winter regimen. Winter skin usually feels extremely dehydrated, tighter, and lacks overall radiance – your skin is literally parched babe. And depending on your skin type, you may need hydration for dryness or hydration to balance. Whether you need products that are creamier with hydrating capabilities because it’s when your skin is at its thirstiest, especially for our dry skin babes, or skin-balancing for our oily babes because your skin pH is off – we have what you need! So here are a few Nola recommendations for hydrating products for dry and acne-prone skin to maintain dewy and hydrated skin during the winter.
For our Dry Skin Babes
- Using an essence is a MUST for our babes with dry skin as it provides instant hydration. Nola’s Barrier Boosting Kiwi Essence is a hydrating face moisturizer gel for dry skin and works to replenish the skin with nourishing ingredients like antioxidants to repair and protect the skin's barrier.
- Give skin an extra dose of hydration with the Hydra Creme. It’s a must-have moisturizer with a rich creamy formula made to replenish dry skin with the blend of aloe vera and argan oil.
- Take Nola’s Rose Hydration Mist on the go to refresh and replenish skin throughout the day. It’s a repair kit for your moisture barrier with its blend of rose water, aloe vera, and grapefruit.
For the Acne-Prone Babes
- Start with our Clarifying Cleansing Foam for a deep cleanse without stripping the skin. This cleanser removes dirt, oil, and makeup creating a clean canvas to replenish the skin with a nourishing moisturizer.
- Add Nola’s Hyaluronic H2O Créme to your regimen to moisturize and balance the skin. It’s the perfect balancing moisturizer for oily skin showing signs of dehydration – it's a blend of hyaluronic acid, aloe, and vitamin c. With this daily moisturizer, you can neutralize excess oil, while maintaining hydrated skin and a healthy glow.
- Stay hydrated and balanced on the go with the DulseFlora facial toner. It has pH balanced botanicals like dulse algae, eucalyptus and tea tree oil to keep pores clear without drying out the skin.
We always like to use Fall and Winter as the time to give our body a makeover – it’s the perfect time to start all your skin treatments, so you’re ready to glow when Summer rolls around. If your skin concern is discoloration, dry patches, or an uneven skin tone, here are a few Nola products to give your body a glowy makeover.
- Start with a milky, creamy cleanser with rich ingredients like our Oats of Glory. It’s perfect for both dry and sensitive skin types and helps to replenish skin by cleansing it without drying it out. It’s calming and soothing, promotes relief for dry and sensitive skin, and preps skin to retain moisture.
○ A bonus product is Nola’s Calendula Rose Bar which is a moisturizing soap bat that’s heavy in hydration and helps to seal in the moisture barrier.
- Exfoliate with a product that’s a combination between scrub and moisturizer. Our Brown Suga Babe Body Buff is the perfect go-to, its 2-n-1 formula removes dry skin while moisturizing and conditioning the skin. Its skin-smoothing and hydrating abilities are courtesy of fine sea salt, sugar, shea, and kokum butter.
○ A bonus product is Nola’s Let’s Get Intimate Scrub which was created for the bikini line and your peachy peach. The blend of pink himalayan salt, shea butter, grapeseed, and sunflower oil helps to remove dry skin along the bikini line while also moisturizing the skin.
- Moisturize with a hydrating body oil that will seal in your choice of body butter to retain all the moisture. We’re going to recommend our Nola’s OG Body Oil because it’s ultra-hydrating, infused with jojoba oil and vitamin e and a bonus is it’s a dry oil with a satin finish, so no need to wait for the product to dry down.
○ A bonus product is Nola’s Watermelon Dew Body Oil, that’s infused with sunflower seed, avocado, and jojoba oil.
Consult with Nola
If you’re ready to create your “Winter Remedy Glow Kit”, reach out to Team Nola for a personalized skin care consultation where you can share your skin concerns and receive the best product recommendations. And if you’re looking for a particular product for your skin type, take Nola’s 2-minute Skin Quiz to be matched with the perfect product for you. Stay hydrated and healthy this winter with our recommendations in this article or with the help from the Skincare Experts at Nola Skinsentials.